Where available, book titles have been linked to their Book Depository listing – any purchases made after accessing The Book Depository through our links support the future of the Postgrad Chronicles.
- Bernard Bischoff, Latin Palaeography: Antiquity and the Middle Ages, trans. Dáibhí Ó Cróinín and David Ganz, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1990.
- Michelle P. Brown, A Guide to Western Historical Scripts from Antiquity to 1600, London: The British Library, 1990.
- Adriano Capelli, Lexicon Abbreviaturarum: Dizionario di Abbreviature Latine ed Italiane, 7th ed., Milan: Ulrico Hoeppli, 2011. (The go-to source for Latin manuscript abbreviations – Italian language proficciency is not necessary as abbreviations are organised alphabetically with pictorial representations).
- Christopher De Hamel, A History of Illuminated Manuscripts, 2nd ed., London: Phaidon, 1994.
- Helmut Gneuss and Michael Lapidge, Anglo-Saxon Manuscripts: A Bibliographical Handlist of Manuscripts and Manuscript Fragments Written or Owned in England up to 1100ts, Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 2014.
- Gale Owen-Crocker (ed.), Working with Anglo-Saxon Manuscripts, Exeter: University of Exeter Press, 2009.