Where available, book titles have been linked to their Book Depository listing – any purchases made after accessing The Book Depository through our links support the future of the Postgrad Chronicles.
- E. Kaufmann and H. W. Kaufmann, The Medieval Fortress: Castles, Forts and Walled Cities of the Middle Ages (Cambridge: De Capo Press, 2004)
- Ivy A. Corfis and Michael Wolfe (eds) The Medieval City Under Siege (Woodbridge: Boydell Press, 1995)
- Jean-Denis G.G. Lepage, Castles and Fortified Cities of Medieval Europe: An Illustrated History (London: McFarland, 2002)
- Thomas Wright, The History of France: From the Earliest Period to the Present Time, vol. 1 (London: The London Printing and Publishing Company, 1856-1862)
- Sidney Toy, Castles: Their Construction and History (New York: Dover Publications, 1985)
- Sidney Toy, A History of Fortification from 3000 BC to AD 1700 (Barnsley: Pen and Sword Military Classics, 2006)
- John R. Kenyon, Medieval Fortifications (New York: St. Martin’s Press, 1990)
- Eugene-Emmanuel Viollet-le-Duc, Castles and Warfare in the Middle Ages, translated by M. Macdermott (New York: Dover Publications, 2005).